Halal Travel Escapes
Hearing & Visual Impairments
HEARING & VISUAL IMPAIRMENTS
Check out The Government website for advice & information for travellers who are blind, partially sighted, deaf or hard of hearing
Air travel if you are blind, visually impaired, deaf or hearing impaired
- When you travel by air, always let your airline know if you need any extra help at the airport or on the plane.
- Ask for any help you require, at least 48 hours before you fly so there is time to organise the support you need.
- Please request further assistance such as being allocated appropriate seats.
- If you are unable to travel without assistance you will need to travel with a carer who must purchase a ticket.
- The assistance that Airlines can offer customers with sensory impairments can include: Braille cards on flights, individual safety briefings & assistance during the flight.